Admissions Info
North Hollywood High School enrolls students from the surrounding area. Students from anywhere in the Los Angeles Unified School District can enroll in our two magnet programs.

Foreign or International students click here for information.

Do you live in our attendance area?

School Finder – Enter your address to see what school you should attend
North Hollywood High School Attendance Area Map

If you live outside of our attendance area, you may be able to attend North Hollywood High School on a permit.
Permit Information

Information on applying to one of our magnet schools is available here:

Enrollment Requirements

These are required items that you bring to enroll.


2.     Parent/Guardian must bring a valid photo ID.

3.    If the student is not living with a parent, a caregiver affidavit provided by the Admissions Office, K104, will also need to be signed.

4.    Students enrolling from an LAUSD middle school for the start of 9th grade, who still live with the same parent/guardian and at the same address as shown in those school records, need an ID20 form which is available from the middle school.  Items 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 below are not required.

5.     Students other than those above, transferring from a LAUSD school who still live with the same parent/guardian and at the same address as shown in those school records must bring a P.A.R. form which is available from the previous school.  Items 6, 7, 8, and 9 below are not required.

6.     The student’s Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, or Passport to verify the student’s age.

7.     The student’s immunization and vaccine records. Additional information is below.

8.     We must verify the student’s home address with a gas or electric bill, rent or lease agreement, or resident   statement. The bill must in the parent’s name. If the bill is in another person’s name, then you must bring the bill and the person whose name appears on the bill with their picture ID. Both the payee and parent will sign an address verification form provided by the Admissions Office, K104.

9.    Students transferring from outside the LAUSD should bring a transcript from their last school so we can properly enroll them in classes and give them credit for previous high school classes they have completed.  Transcripts may be furnished after the student is enrolled if necessary.

10. All other forms that need to be completed are inside the enrollment packet provided by the  Admissions Office, K104.  New students are required to submit emergency contact information.  The emergency card is available online.  You may fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you when you enroll.  Download Emergency Card

Required Immunizations

New students will not be enrolled unless a written immunization record, provided by a physician or the health department, is presented at the time of enrollment and immunizations are up- to-date.

Immunizations required to enroll a student in LAUSD Schools:
Polio: 4 doses
  • Age 4-6: 3 doses if one was given after the 4th birthday
  • Age 7-17: 3 doses if one was given after the 2nd birthday
DTP, DTaP, DT, TD:  5 doses
  • Age 4-6: 4 doses if one was given on or after 4th birthday
  • Age 7-17: 3 doses if one given on or after the 2nd birthday
Tdap: 1 dose
  • grade 7-12 only
  • requirement is for all enrolled students beginning in 2011
  • dose must be on or after 7th birthday
MMR:  2 doses
  • Both doses given on or after the first birthday
Hepatitis B: 3 doses
  • all ages: 3 doses
  • Age 5-12: 1 dose
  • Age 13-18: 2 doses

Students who require additional vaccine doses or who lack a written record are no longer allowed a grace period. All students new to the District, or transfer students within the District, must show that they have received all currently required immunizations in order to be enrolled. The immunization status of all students will be reviewed periodically. Those students who do not meet the State guidelines must be excluded from school until the requirements are met. Students who have been exposed to a communicable disease for which they have not been immunized may be excluded from school at the discretion of the health department.

A doctor may exempt your child from some or all immunizations (for example, due to a medical condition). You may exempt your child because of your personal or religious beliefs. Ask your school or childcare provider for details.

Tuberculosis Clearance

All kindergarten students, all new first grade students who have never attended kindergarten and all students entering an Early Education Center must present a written report (usually on the immunization record) provided by a private physician or health department, giving the results of a Mantoux test for tuberculosis done within one year prior to school entry. A chest X-ray will be required if the skin test results are positive. All new students entering grades 1-12 who have never attended any school in California, must present documentation of the results of Mantoux test done at some previous time. Students entering grades 1-12 from any other California school (public, private, or parochial) are exempt from the requirement. home/hospital will commence (1) when the attending physician authorizes service to begin, based upon the student’s ability to participate, and (2) upon receipt of the parent’s authorization for temporary transfer of educational duties. Instruction in the home/hospital for a temporary period of time is also provided for students with a current Individualized Education Program (IEP) or students with a Section 504 Plan – under certain circumstances.
© North Hollywood High School
5231 Colfax Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Phone: (818) 753-6200 - Fax: (818) 508-7124
powered by Edlio